Right of withdrawal
Under Art. 5 of the Legislative Decree n. 185/1999, if the Customer is a consumer (a natural person purchasing the goods without job-related purposes or without specifying in the order form a VAT No. reference), he/she is entitled to exercise the right of withdrawal from the purchase contract for any reason, without giving any explanation and without any penalty, except for what is stated in the following paragraphs.
The Customer can exercise his/her right of withdrawal by sending an appropriate notice within 10 working days from date of delivery of the goods. The notice shall be sent by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to:
Zoffoli Mappamondi S.r.l.,
Via Santo Marino,
250 47824 Poggio Berni (RN) Italy
or by telegram/fax sent within 10 days and confirmed by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt PEREMPTORILY within the following 48 hours. Once the company has received the notice of withdrawal, the Customer Service will promptly contact the customer to give him/her all the necessary instructions and assign a RMA code to return the goods. The goods must be returned to Zoffoli S.r.l. within 10 days from the return authorization. The goods must be returned undamaged, complete with all their parts and original package (envelopes and boxes), stored and (in case) used with normal diligence, without any evident sign of wear or dirt, respecting the following conditions.
- The right of withdrawal is anyway subject to the following conditions:
the right shall apply only for the entire purchased product; it is not possible to return only a part of the purchased product (accessories, software, etc…);
- the purchased product shall be returned undamaged and in its original package, complete with all its parts (including packaging, documentation and any other accessory: manuals, cables, etc…);
- in accordance with the law, transport for the return of the goods shall be paid by the customer; the customer will not be refunded for delivery charges and other additional costs established at the moment of the order;
- until confirmation of their receipt by the company’s warehouse, the goods are shipped under the entire responsibility of the Customer;
- if the goods are damaged during transport the company shall notify the Customer thereof (within 5 working days from receipt of the goods at its warehouses) so as to permit the Customer to promptly give notice to the his/her carrier and obtain refund of the value of the goods (if insured). In this case the goods will be made available to the Customer for return and the request of withdrawal will be cancelled;
- Zoffoli S.r.l. shall in no way be held liable for damages or theft/loss of goods returned by uninsured shipment;
- upon arrival to the company’s warehouse, goods will be examined to assess damages or tampering not deriving from transport. If the original packaging is damaged, Zoffoli S.r.l. shall deduct a percentage from the refund (in any case max. 10% of the refund value) as compensation to cover incurred costs.
Except for the compensation to restore the damaged original packaging, Zoffoli S.r.l. shall refund the customer the entire amount paid within 14 days from return of the goods by transferring the total amount on the customer’s credit card or bank account. In case of transfer on a bank account, the customer shall provide immediately the bank coordinates to be used for restitution (IBAN code of the invoice addressee).
The right of withdrawal is entirely forfeited if the essential condition of product integrity (package and/or content) is not met, that is when Zoffoli Mappamondi S.r.l. ascertains:
- improper use of the goods compromising their integrity or use of any consumable material;
- lack of the original external and/or internal packaging;
- lack of integral parts of the goods (accessories, cables, manuals, parts, …);
- damage to the goods due to reasons other than transport.
If the right of withdrawal is forfeited, the goods will remain at the warehouses of Zoffoli S.r.l. and made available for collection at the customer’s expense.